Giguere Auction Company
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Everything is sold as is, where is, with no guarantees of any kind. Buyers shall rely entirely upon their own inspection and information. Listing is subject to error. There will be no exchanges or returnsall transactions are final.
2. Identification: All purchasers are required to have a bid number to bid. Please register prior to the beginning of the sale. Your bid card is registered in your name and you are responsible for any purchases on that card. Please take the card with you when you leave.
3. Payment is by cash or good check. Everything must be paid in full on the day of the sale regardless of when it is to be picked up. If you pay by check and the check "bounces" for any reason, there will be a $30 charge. NO CHARGE CARDS ARE ACCEPTED. If buyer is unknown to us, or at our discretion, Giguere Auction Co. reserves the right to hold merchandise until payment check clears.
4. Auctioneer reserves the right to accept and execute absentee bids. Phone bidding is allowed only under pre-arranged conditions determined by and discussed with the auctioneer prior to the auction.
5. Dispute Between Bidders: If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer's decision on resolution is final.
6. If a reasonable opening bid is not attained, the auctioneer retains the right to put the item or items down.
7. Buyer's Premium: There is a 15% BUYER'S PREMIUM added to all items sold.
8. Sales Tax: Unless you have a valid sales resale number/certificate, you will be charged 5.5% Maine Sales Tax based on the selling price plus the 15% buyers premium on each item you buy. This is required by State of Maine law. Bidders must provide a copy of their valid State Seller's Certificate and a signed Resale Certificate at time of registration.
9. Auction staff may, at the discretion of the auctioneer, bid competitively on items offered in any auction.
10. If you buy an item and then immediately go to checkout, the sale ticket will probably not have made it to the checkout office. Please let the clerks know this so they can properly prepare your invoice and avoid confusion and error.
11. Any gun purchasers must fill in appropriate FFL paperwork with our FFL processor. The rules regarding a "waiting period" on handguns and long guns apply. If you have any questions regarding FFL regulations, please talk to our FFL processor and/or the auctioneer prior to the start of the auction.
12. Unless there is a designated "holding area" at an auction, all items purchased become the responsibility of the purchaser/bidder immediately upon completion of the bid transaction. Any items purchased and not removed from the auction premises immediately following the auction are left at the purchaser's risk. If purchaser has transportation problems for items purchased, please let us know and we will try to be of assistance. Any items left at the auction premises longer than 3 days after an auction will be subject to a storage fee to be determined by the auctioneer.
- Giguere Auction Company